Today the much anticipated schedule for the Australian Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - taking place just a few short weeks away on November 4th-6th in Melbourne - has finally been released. The list is gargantuan, and if you plan on attending a lot of the sessions you will be one tired little gamer!
Amongst the many events occurring over the three days is a very welcome surprise - an IFPA sanctioned pinball tournament!
The format of the competition is as below (copy and paste from pinballscore.com):
- PAX AUS PINBALL TOURNAMENT
- November 5, 2016
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf VIC 3006
- Get the top score in any one of the four qualifying sessions on any of the five competition machines to qualify for the final at 6:00pm.
- Qualifying sessions:
- Three-strike finals commence 6:00pm.
- Each round, each player is randomly assigned an opponent.
- Players are eliminated after losing three matches.
- Last player standing wins.
There will also be a number of pinball attractions to see and take part in, with beginner player lessons, couples tournaments, and more! Be sure to check out the full schedule on the PAX Australia website at: http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/schedule